The ARROW 624EM electromagnetic hold open/swing free door closer operates at 24V DC and has a plug in cable loop. Fixed power size EN 4. Universal fitting.Read more
|£114.99 VAT excl.
ARROW 624EM: The Pinnacle of Controlled Door Closing
In the world of fire door ironmongery, the ARROW 624EM, a standout model in the Arrow 600 series door closers range, redefines versatility. This electromagnetic door closer is tailored for facilities managers and maintenance teams in a variety of industries.
The ARROW 624EM scissor arm overhead door closer ensures not just compliance and fire safety, but also operational superiority and ease of access in commercial and industrial buildings. Linked to the fire alarm, this magnetic door closer will close the door from any angle.
Key Product Features:
- Choice of four finishes with matching arm
- Standard square cover
- Adjustable closing speed
- Adjustable latching action
- Hold open or swing free function
- Plug-in cable loop*
- 24V DC 85mA operating voltage
- Universal unit installation:
Fig. 1/61 – Pull side mounting/transom mounting
Fig. 66 – Push side mounting
- Power size EN 3 in Fig. 66
Suitable for doors up to 60kg and 950mm wide
- Power size EN 4 in Fig. 1/61
Suitable for doors up to 80kg and 1100mm wide
- Max. 110° pull side installation
- Max. 170°push side installation
- Hold open from 80°
- Fully certified to BS EN 1154 and BS EN 1155
- CE marked 2812-CPR-AE0006
- UKCA marked 1121-CPR-UK-AE7850
- Certifire Approved
- BS EN 1634-1 approved for use on fire rated doors up to FD120
- Assists with meeting the requirements of BS8300 and Approved Document M
- Made In Britain
- Manufactured from British extruded aluminium and steel
- Body dimensions: 278mm x 60mm x 47mm
- Cover dimensions: 305mm x 80mm x 50mm
- Weight: 2.3kg-2.35kg dependent on model
* The plug in cable loop is a recent change to this hold open/swing free door closer (Autumn 2023).
If you are replacing an existing Arrow 624 door closer with a newer model, simply cut off the existing plug and use the wires as before. They are not polarity sensitive.
- Electromagnetic Functionality: A cornerstone feature for fire door closer systems.
- Dual Functionality: Seamlessly integrates the roles of a standard door closer and an electromagnetic door holder.
- Versatile Control: Adjustable sweep and latch speed for a range of door types and facilities.
- Versatile Hold-Open Option: Adjustable between 80° and 180° for optimal access.
- Compatibility and Ease of Installation: Designed to fit a variety of door styles, sizes, and weights. Suitable for pull side Figure 1, Figure 61, and Figure 66 push side mounting.
- Ease of Access: Meets the door opening and maximum force requirements for the Equality Act 2010 and Building Regulations Document M by using patented opening technology.
Hold Open or Swing Free Functions
The ARROW 624EM comes with both a hold open and a swing free cam, allowing you to choose the desired function during installation.
Hold Open: Enhance traffic flow effortlessly with the electromagnetic hold open function which ideal for busy environments. Providing flexibility between 80° to 180°, it ensures easy accessibility. It allows for free moving foot traffic at busier times of the day, whilst the link to the fire detection system ensures the door will close in an emergency.
Swing Free: Experience effortless door operation with the swing-free function, giving the feel of no door closer at all. Safety remains uncompromised as the door consistently closes from any position in case of electricity supply interruptions which is critical for preventing the spread of smoke and fire.
Seamless Integration Across Door Styles
As part of the Arrow 600 series door closers, this door closer is designed for effortless installation, complementing an array of door types, including fire doors. Its versatility makes it a go-to solution for both new and retrofit installations. View or download the fitting instructions today.
This door closer is available in a range of finishes and cover shapes such as the square or Flowline and other power sizes - EN 3, EN 5, and EN 6. Please contact us if you require these or if you have any questions.
Durability and Longevity
Reflecting the quality of the Arrow 624 series, this door closer is built using British extruded aluminium and British steel. It stands up to heavy usage, promising long-term performance and cost-efficiency.
Regular maintenance is recommended, ARROW notes that a light oil should be applied to the knuckle joint, as well as checking that all fixings are secure.
Choose Peace of Mind
Choosing the 624EM ARROW door closer from the Arrow 600 series door closers means investing in a blend of safety and operational excellence. It is more than just an electromagnetic door closer; it's a commitment to ensuring a safe, efficient, and accessible environment.
The ARROW 624EM is not just a product but a promise of quality and reliability, solidifying its place as a top choice in the realm of door closers.