Terms & Conditions
Website terms and conditions of supply of goods to businesses and consumers (last updated: June 2023)
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information about us
- We operate the website www.doorcontrolsdirect.co.uk. We are Spiller Door Controls Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04883240 and with our registered office at 43 Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6LR. Our main trading address is Unit 3, Grove Trading Estate, Dorchester, UK, DT1 1ST. Our VAT number is 634 3436 49.
- Contacting us if you are a consumer:
- To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the cancellation form on our site. A link to the site cancellation form will be included in our Dispatch Confirmation (as defined in clause 7.3). If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation. You can also e-mail us at [email protected] or contact our customer services team by telephone on 01305 263300 or by post to Unit 3, Grove Trading Estate, Dorchester, UK, DT1 1ST. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
- If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on 01305 263300 or by e-mailing us at [email protected].
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by telephone, e-mail or by pre-paid post to the telephone number or address you provide to us in your order.
- Contacting us if you are a business. You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team on 01305 263300 or by e-mailing us at [email protected]. If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see clause 18.3.
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 5% tolerance.
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
Use of our siteYour use of our site is governed by our Terms of Website Use and Website Acceptable Use Policy. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
How we use your personal information
This clause 4.1 only applies if you are a consumer
- We only use your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please take the time to read our Privacy Notice, as it includes important terms which apply to you. A copy of our Privacy Notice can be found at here.
The remainder of this clause 4 only applies if you are a business.
- The following definitions apply in this clause 4:
Applicable Law means (i) any law, statute, regulation, by-law or subordinate legislation in force from time to time to which we or you are subject and/or which is applicable in any jurisdiction that the Products are provided to or in respect of; (ii) the common law and laws of equity as applicable you and/or us from time to time; (iii) any binding court order, judgment or decree as applicable to you and us (or either of us) from time to time; or (iv) any applicable direction, policy, rule or order that is binding on either you or us and that is made or given by any regulatory body having jurisdiction over you or us or any of your or our assets, resources or business;
Customer Personal Data means any Personal Data which we receive from you pursuant to the supply of the Products;
Data Protection Legislation means all applicable data protection legislation including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulation or the GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation (or in the event that the UK leaves the European Union, all equivalent legislation enacted in the UK in respect of the protection of Personal Data) (all as amended, updated or re-enacted from time to time); and
Personal Data, Data Subject, Data Controller and Data Processor have the meanings as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
- We and you agree to comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation and acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation that you are the Data Controller and we are the Data Processor in respect of Customer Personal Data. Clause 4.7 sets out the nature and purpose of processing by us, the duration of the processing and the types of Personal Data and categories of Data Subject.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 4.3, you will ensure that you have all necessary and appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Customer Personal Data to us for the duration and purposes of the Contract.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 4.3, we shall, in relation to any Customer Personal Data processed by us in connection with the performance by us of our obligations under the Contract:
- process that Customer Personal Data only on your written instructions unless we are required by Applicable Law to process Customer Personal Data otherwise than in accordance with your written instructions. Where we are relying on Applicable Law as the basis for processing Customer Personal Data, we shall promptly notify you of this before performing the processing required by the Applicable Law unless the Applicable Law prohibits us from so notifying you;
- immediately inform you if we become aware of a written instruction given by you under clause 4.5.1 that, in our opinion, infringes Data Protection Legislation and we shall be entitled to suspend the supply of the Products until such time as we and you have agreed appropriate amended instructions which are not infringing;
- ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures:
(a) to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Customer Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Customer Personal Data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting Customer Personal Data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to Customer Personal Data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it); and
(b) in so far as possible and taking into account the nature of the processing, to assist you in the fulfilment of your obligations to respond to any request from a Data Subject relating to Customer Personal Data;
- ensure that all personnel who process Customer Personal Data are obliged to keep the Customer Personal Data confidential except where disclosure is required in accordance with Applicable Law;
- assist you, at your cost, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance with your obligations under the Data Protection Legislation with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities;
- at your written direction, delete or return Customer Personal Data and copies thereof to you on termination or expiry of the Contract unless required by Applicable Law to store the Customer Personal Data; and
- maintain and on request provide to you information to demonstrate our compliance with this clause 4 (excluding for this purpose clause 4.1) and allow for audits by you or your designated auditor subject to you giving us reasonable prior notice of such information requests or audits; keeping all information obtained or generated thereby strictly confidential (save for disclosure required by Applicable Law); and ensuring that such audit or inspection is undertaken during normal business hours and with minimal disruption to our business.
- You consent to us appointing the following as third-party processors of Customer Personal Data under the Contract.
Name of processor Further Details Merlin Business Software Ltd Support our ERP (enterprise resource planning) system Teapot Creative Support/maintain our Prestashop ecommerce website platform Riskstop Group Limited and its group companies Provide business support services to us The Base Multimedia Support/main our Wix website platform DPD Local UK Ltd Courier used for deliveries Prestashop Provide one of our website platforms Mailchimp Provide our email marketing platform Wix Provide one of our website platforms
- This clause sets out the nature and purpose of processing by us, the duration of the processing by us, the types of Personal Data and the categories of Data Subject:
- Purpose of processing: For the purpose of the supply by us of the Products to you in accordance with the Contract.
- Nature of processing: For the fulfilment of orders for Products placed by you.
- Duration of processing: The term of the Contract.
- Types of Personal Data: Your employees and customers’ full names, home addresses, email addresses and contact telephone numbers.
- Categories of Data Subject: Data in relation to your employees and customers.
- We only use your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please take the time to read our Privacy Notice, as it includes important terms which apply to you. A copy of our Privacy Notice can be found at here.
If you are a consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
If you are a business customer
This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- You acknowledge that in entering into the Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in the Contract.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 7.3.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 12.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Our right to vary these Terms
- We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order or change the Products from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order or change the Products, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
Your consumer right of return and refund
This clause 9 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below in clause 9.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
Your Contract End of the cancellation period
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
Your Contract is for either of the following:
•one Product which is delivered in instalments on separate days.
•multiple Products which are delivered on separate days.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your Product or the first of your separate Products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate Product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate Products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January in respect of Products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your Product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all Products to arrive during the year.
- To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the cancellation form on our site. A link to the site cancellation form will be included in our Dispatch Confirmation. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation. Alternatively you may use a copy of the form which is attached at the back of these Terms as a schedule. You can also e-mail us at [email protected] or contact our customer services team by telephone on 01305 263300 or by post to Unit 3, Grove Trading Estate, Dorchester, UK, DT1 1ST. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
- If you cancel your Contract we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount;
- refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option; and
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
(a) if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 9.8; or
(b) if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
- If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 9 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will refund you by the same method you used to pay.
- If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can either send it back or return it to us in-store; and
- unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 9.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- As you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 9 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the Contract. See below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the Products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
As your Products are goods, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
•up to 30 days: if your item is faulty, then you can get a refund.
•up to six months: if your faulty item can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
•up to six years: if the item can be expected to last up to six years you may be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that doesn't work, some of your money back.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), however we will deliver the Products to you as soon as possible. Typically, if a Product is in stock we will normally aim to dispatch the Product within 1-2 business days (a business day being a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 17 for our responsibilities when this happens.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery.
- Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect them from us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
- If you have asked to collect the Products from our main trading premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our usual working hours.
- If you do not collect the Products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
This clause 10.7 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If we miss the 30 day delivery deadline for any Products then you may cancel your order straight away if any of the following apply:
- we have refused to deliver the Products;
- delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 10.7 found, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
- If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 10.7 or clause 10.8, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
- Free Shipping Discount refers to next day UK Mainland "Fast" delivery only, unless stated otherwise.
No international delivery
- Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK via our site.
- You may place an order for Products from outside the UK, but this order must be for delivery to an address in the UK.
- If international delivery is required please call our customer services team on 01305 263300 or by post to Unit 3, Grove Trading Estate, Dorchester, UK, DT1 1ST.
Price of products and delivery charges
- The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 12.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Products you ordered.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
- Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- where the Product's correct price is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you; and
- if the Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. However, if we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the Product and refund you any sums you have paid
How to pay
Non-Trade Account Customers
- If you do not have an existing trading account with us you can only pay for Products via SagePay, PayPal, credit card or debit card (excluding American Express).
- Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is required in advance. Payment will be taken immediately on you placing your order.
Trade Account Customers (business customers only)
- If you have an existing trade account with us your order for the Products will be automatically added to your trade account.
- The terms and conditions of your trading account will therefore apply in particular with respect to how and when you must pay for the Products. Consequently clause 13.1 and 13.2 above shall not apply to you in these circumstances.
- To the extent any of the terms and conditions of your trading account are in conflict with these Terms, the terms and conditions of your trading account shall prevail.
- Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer's guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Products.
- If you are a consumer, a manufacturer's guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Our liability if you are a business
This clause 15 only applies if you are a business customer.
- We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Products for any resale purposes.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause 15.2, we will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 15.2, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
Our liability if you are a consumer
This clause 16 only applies if you are a consumer.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. Therefore, we do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under the Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
Communications between us
- When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- If you are a consumer you may contact us as described in clause 1.2.
- If you are a business:
- Any notice or other communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service or e-mail.
- A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our registered office; if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting or if sent by e-mail, one business day after transmission.
- In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- Online dispute resolution if you are a consumer. Online dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- If you are a business, a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).